So, it has been a long time since there has been any news posted about this series. If you'll bare with me for a moment I'll attempt to explain myself.
Way back in 2011-2012 I had a dream. I wanted to be a successful self published author. I had read countless stories about run away self publish successes from Amanda Hocking to J. A. Konrath and I figured, since I'd always been praised for my writing ability by friends and teachers that I could replicate that success. I wrote a book, I got it edited, I got a cover design, and I released it, and then it didn't sell. It crushed me.
I've learned a LOT about writing and self publishing since then and I've finally dove back in to the writing world. I have a new book series out that despite a lack of reviews is doing okay, certainly better than my first attempt, and I attribute that to knowing my craft a bit better. I'm still logging my ten thousand hours, but I'm just better at it now.
Anyway, I originally planned on taking this book down, rewriting it, and then republishing it, however, I've decided to leave it alone. I picked it up and reread it and saw a lot of stuff I'd like to change but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Instead, I've opted to pick it up where I left off and I've already started planning the next book in the series, which hopefully will be out by the end of the year.
Thank you for reading and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this series. It won't happen again. The second book is about 55% done at this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment